If your baby is now 10 months old then congrats, you have successfully surmounted the initial months of continuous breastfeeding. It’s the time when your baby will have his/her complete meal just like an adult but of course in a small digestive quantity. Breastfeeding will be needed though, but for 2/3 times in a day. So, you will have to balance the amount of protein, carbohydrate, and fat in his/her diet. Also, for this, you can consult with your pediatrician and follow the food pyramid according to your kid’s weight.
Meanwhile, you will have to provide carbohydrate-rich items like rice, bread, oats in 3 major servings; breakfast, lunch, and also, dinner. So, give milk and other dairy products like cottage cheese or curd in breakfast or lunch. Also, you need to avoid them in dinner as their protein density can cause challenges for your baby’s digestive system. Furthermore, always remember to sterilize the utensils you are using to cook food for your baby to kill the harmful bacteria. So, here are some recipes for baby food for 10 months that you must try.
Oats Apple Porridge
You can start the day with this beside your breast milk. This will take only 10 minutes to cook.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 medium-sized apple( peeled and finely chopped)
- ½ tsp butter
- ¾ cup of water
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup almond powder( optional)
- To make this item you will have to
- Soak oats in water for 10 minutes so that it becomes soft
- Wash, peel and chop the apple or blend it, remove the seeds
- Then heat water in a saucepan and put the oatmeal and cook for 5 minutes
- After it thickens add butter
- Then add the chopped apples and cook for another 2/3 minutes
- Add cinnamon and almond powder
- Blend it for extra soft texture and serve it cool
Lentil and Spinach Stew
You can provide protein, vitamins, and antioxidants in a single meal by combining lentil and spinach. You can also use sliced chicken or fish and the vegetables you want.
- ½ cup lentil
- 1 small chopped carrot, green and yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté the vegetables
- Add the lentil and broth, pour adequate water and simmer for 30 minutes
- Once the lentils are soft then add the spinach and stir until it becomes tender
- Serve warm with rice or whole wheat bread
Wholesome Lunch and Dinner Recipes
Chicken Curry with Green Beans
this dish with full of greenery, such as green onions, basil, and zucchini, is one of the healthiest baby food for 10 months. The lime juice seasoning will give a tangy new flavor to your baby.
- ½ cup finely chopped zucchini, green onion, and green beans
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup boiled and chopped chicken
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- Boil the veggies
- Sauté the onion, ginger, and garlic in a pan
- Add coconut milk and stir for 5 minutes
- Now, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until you get a creamy consistency
- Add the basil leaves and lime juice
- Serve it warm or refrigerate it for later use
if you have introduced egg to your kid and he/she is completely fine with it then, try this recipe. This tasty dish does not require any side dish. Hence, you can cook it for the whole family.
- 2 tbsp carrot, fresh green peas, beans, or any green veggie you want to add
- ½ cup of boiled brown rice
- 1 egg
- Put some oil in the frying pan and sauté the carrot and green peas
- Add the cooked rice and stir constantly
- Scramble the egg in a separate pan and add it on the rice
- Use fresh coriander leaves or spinach to garnish and serve warm
Whitefish and Leek Puree
Whitefish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and leek will give cardiovascular support. These nutrients are essential for your kid’s later developments. You can provide this baby food for 10 months old babies and above.
- 1 carrot
- A cup of finely chopped fish
- 1 leek( only the white and green parts)
- One cup of milk
- Steam the fish, carrot, and leek in a steamer basket for 15 minutes.
- Blend it in a blender with some milk to get a creamy paste
- Serve it warm with a pinch of cumin or nutmeg
Finally, a colorful meal is always considered as a healthy meal. You need to maintain the phrase “eat the rainbow” while cooking the baby foods. Thus, the natural bright colors will attract the baby to eat the food. Also, you can use peas, asparagus, beans for green, sweet potato, cantaloupe for orange, tomatoes and red bell peppers for red, and banana, and squash for the natural yellow color in your food. Furthermore, avoid deep-frying and go for steaming or sauté the vegetables to get most of the nutrient values. So, try these recipes of baby food for 10 months at home and enrich his/her eating habits.