The dinner meal for your kid should be lightweight yet energy-giving. As there is a maximum time gap between dinner and the next day breakfast meal. The dinner should be made up of easily digestible items. As while sleeping, our digestive system is also get relaxed like our other systems. Meals that contain high protein and fat take the most time to digest. Thus you need to give protein and fat-rich meals in a very small portion to your kid in dinner. Eliminate processed foods and sugar as they increase the dependency or craving for those types of foods. So, cook your food at your home and by your own hands. Here are some tasty and yet healthy kid-friendly dinners that you must try.
Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
If your kid is bored with the same rice and wants to try something different in dinner then you must try this gluten-free and grain-free dish. This is not simple fried rice with some pieces of cauliflower in it. Instead, it is a wholesome meal using cauliflower as its main hero. You can use eggs or prawns to make it more appealing. You can make it in just 20 minutes.
- 1 large cauliflower
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos, soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A pinch of red pepper
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch of green onions, separate the white part from the green one
- ½ cup peas and chopped carrots
- 3 beaten eggs
- ½ pound shrimp
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Put cauliflower chunks into a food processor and finely chop it.
- Put the ginger, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper in a bowl and whisk it.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add the white onion, carrot, and peas and sauté for 2 minutes
- Cook the beaten eggs on one side of the pan
- Mix it with the veggies and add the finely chopped cauliflower
- Add the sauce mixture and stir for 4 minutes
- Cook until the cauliflower softens then sprinkle the green onions on the top and serve it warm
BBQ Carrot Dogs
This veggie hotdog recipe is enough to shock everyone. This could be a delicious and healthy substitute for traditional meat hotdogs. Plate it in a whole wheat bun and place your kid’s favourite toppings above see he can guess the trick or not. This could resolve your search for healthy kid-friendly dinners.
- 8 medium carrots
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce and 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder and smoked paprika
- 8 hot dog buns
- Mustard or ketchup for topping
- Cut or trim the carrots to be fit in the buns
- Boil them for 15 minutes
- put the vinegar, soy sauce, broth, mustard garlic powder, and paprika in a sealable 1-gallon plastic bag along with the carrots and refrigerate it for a night
- preheat the grill
- grill the marinated carrots side by side
- serve them in the buns with your favourite toppings
Prosciutto Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
You must try this onefor a quick savoury snack or as a dinner starter. This will also rock on in your kid’s weekend game time with its prosciutto wrapping and juicy turkey filling. The creamy mashed potato topping will act as a cherry on your not so sweet cupcake.
- 500gm turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, 1 tbsp. garlic, 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato paste
- ½ tbsp. mustard
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- Homemade mashed potatoes creamy enough for piping
- Preheat your oven on 350 degrees
- Line your muffin tin with one slice of prosciutto each
- Mix all the other ingredients with the turkey meatloaf
- Scoop ¼ cup mixture into each muffin tin
- Bake them for 45 minutes until it is well cooked
- Pipe the mashed potatoes on the top of each meatloaf cupcake
- You can add shredded cheese and bake it for another minute
This Indian dish is filled with healthy nutrients. You can have these a bit spicy chickpeas along with basmati rice or with butter nun. Adding vegetables will ensure more healthiness. Cook some chopped onions with ginger garlic paste for 5 minutes. Then add cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chilli powder according to your tastes. Add some tomato puree and salt. Then add the chickpeas and cook until it softens. Vegetarians can cook it without onions too.
The Bottom Line
Try these 4 awesome healthy kid-friendly dinners in your home for a change. Your kid will lick his fingers with delight for sure. Apart from these four recipes, you can try to make pasta, veggie-loaded pizzas, fruit cakes, or banana wheat pancakes at home. Anything you cook at home with a little care and hygiene is best for your child’s health.