Your tiny little one is always adorable to you until their food time. Then you witness all sorts of expressions and declinations for your food. If the food does not seem delicious to them visually then they don’t even want to taste it. So your food needs to be colorful and deliciously smelled to attract your kid. But above all, it needs to be healthy for your kid, unless there is no point in all your efforts. So put all the vegetables you want in your kid’s meal but hide them smartly. Use meat, fish, eggs, and milk as much as you want because these will be helpful in their growth years. Hence, here are some recipes for kids that you can cook easily at home.
French Toast Sticks
Every kid loves to have French toasts on their breakfast. This is a bit sophisticated version of it with some rich egg custard and honey vanilla syrups.
- ½ loaf of unsliced whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt and cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnishing
- ¼ cup agave syrup and honey
- Cut the bread loaf into inch-thick strips
- Take a bowl and mix the eggs with milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract
- In a nonstick pan melt the butter
- Dip the breadsticks on the egg mixture and fry them on the pan until brown
- In a pot heat the agave, honey and vanilla extract with 2 tbsp water for 3 to 4 minutes
- Now serve the breadsticks warm with honey vanilla syrup
- Sprinkle some confectioners’ sugar(optional)
Coconut Flour Pancakes
The softy, spongy, and delicate pancakes are among the favorite recipes for kids. All you need to think is to enhance its nutrients as much as you can. And for this, you can use whole wheat instead of white wheat. And you can use banana instead of sugar for sweetness.
Ingredients (for 5to 8 pancakes)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs and 1/3 cup coconut milk or plain cow milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Blend the eggs milk and the banana together in a blender
- Now mix it with the coconut flour until smooth
- Mix the other ingredients and whisk
- Now heat the pan and coat it with a bit of oil
- Now scoop the pancake batter using a small cup
- Cook until brown
- Then flip it and cook the other side
- Garnish it with berries, nuts, and honey
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Avoid the packaged chicken nuggets and try these homemade baked ones instead. Preheat your oven on 400 degrees. Make a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, pepper, powdered garlic, and coriander and mix it with the chicken pieces. Then coat them on bread crumbs and bake them for 20 minutes. Serve it warm with mustard and salads. It is the healthiest way to have some chicken nuggets. This will be adored by both the kids and adults of your family.
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
This is one of the effortless recipes for kids. Everything you need to do is put all the ingredients on a slow cooker and let it cook for hours. The slow cooker teriyaki dish only needs your patience and time as it can take up to 6 hours for cooking.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, 3 cloves garlic, and 1 tbsp ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 cup steamed white rice for serving
- Put the chicken breasts on the slow cooker
- Top it with ginger-garlic and onion
- Add the honey, soy sauce, vinegar and a pinch of salt and black pepper
- Cook it for 6 hours
- Shred the chicken with a fork and garnish it with sliced scallions and sesame seeds
- Serve it warm with plain rice
This is one of the smartest ways to provide veggies in your kid’s meal. This Korean style cauliflower popcorn recipe is extremely tasty and saucy. For this, you need to make the sauce in a pot using some soy sauce, honey, water, and gochujang and cook in on a low flame for 5 minutes. Take two bowls. Whisk two eggs in one and on the other whisk the flour with pepper, salt, and cayenne. Dip the small pieces of cauliflower first on the eggs then coat them on the second bowl with flour. Then fry them until golden brown. Then toss the popcorn shaped cauliflowers with the sauce and garnish it with spring onions or sesame seeds and chives.
The Bottom Line
Try these tasty versions of healthy homemade foods. Your picky eater kid will lick his fingers for sure. These recipes will surely make your little one very happy.