“I’ll grill you!”. Sounds dangerous know? Yeah, but not when you grill some food. There can be no one to hate grill food. At least not when you have some variations in it. So, no one can turn around with a single look when the food is shimmering with some ghee or oil in it. Not to taste at least but to capture the shiny food, one will, for sure take out his or her mobile.
The best-grilled food is what we are going to talk about. You can grill almost most of the food to which most of you will be surprised. Because we are used to grilling a few foods items only. For example, Chicken, Paneer, Bread, some vegetables, soya, etc. Also, it is better to eat grilled food than fried ones. There are many best grilled food recipes across the world and here are some ideas of it.
The Authentic and Best Grill Food is:
First, let me tell you how the grilled foods taste! And then I am sure you will find out some more variety of food items to grill. So, when any of your favourite food is grilled, the best part is the smell and then the final look of it. The smell of your food levels up when you use ghee. Yes, only ghee. Of course, some people use olive oil considering their health. But when you decide to make your food glow, then it’s okay to follow it as a “cheat day”.
The best grilled food recipes are delicious and heavenly when you have it somewhere, maybe, in the backyard during summer evenings. The taste of ghee, the hiss of flame and the final output where your food is exact grill with some brown layer on it – it makes your mouth water!
Grill and types:
There are two options to grill the food- Indoor grill or on charcoal. Charcoal grilling creates smoke but it provides a better aroma and distinctive flavour. Grilling requires less oil and prevents heart diseases too.
Here’s what the nutritionist says. Grilling reduces heart diseases and diabetes. It is because of the product formed known as advanced glycation end products.
So, the first is grilled meat recipe. Follow these steps to ensure grilled meat doesn’t make you sick. These steps and tips are from the best food grilled recipes.
- Separate your food. Keep meat away from other food items to avoid bacterial cross-contamination. Cut your meat and then wash it well.
- Keep the meat or poultry in the fridge until it is ready to cook. If any meat is left over after grilling, then store it in the fridge or warm (140 F or hotter). Use that within 1 or 2 days.
- The internal colour isn’t the best way to check if it is cooked well or not. Check it with the food thermometer to know if it is cooked well.
Safety tips for grill food:
This is the way you usually cook meat. But when you grill the meat, most people think it is not good for your health. When meat or fish is cooked over a high flame, muscle proteins react with heat to create compounds called heterocyclic amines. Studies show that you don’t need to stop grilling food. There are various food grill recipes but vegetable grilling is healthier. It is also said that you can follow some safety tips to grill:
- Cut off the fat from the meat before you grill. This becomes healthy.
- Microwave the meat for two minutes before you grill it. This reduces HCA by 90%.
- Cook the meat at a lower temperature.
- Cover your meat with the foil paper and poke few holes in it. This allows less smoke to reach the meat.
- Place your charcoal on the side of the grill to lower the amount of heat.
- Flip your meat often.
- When your grilled meat is ready cut off the charred parts.
When you grill vegetables, it becomes more appealing. It will caramelise the vegetable’s sweetness by bringing out its natural sweetness.
The best vegetables for grilling:
- Zucchini – Cut it into thin ½ small pieces
- Bell peppers – Remove seeds and cut them into pieces
- Tomato – Best when it is grilled whole
- Lettuce – To add flavour to other vegetables, this is the best leaf.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower – Take its smaller parts.
- Onions – Green onions are the best
- Eggplant – Becomes tender, creamy and smoky when grilled in a way it has to.
- Mushrooms – Grill it as a whole, no need to cut it into smaller pieces as cauliflower or broccoli.
Tips for grill food recipes:
- Vegetables should be grilled on medium flame. Depending on the food, the time varies to grill it. Use folk to pierce it or a knife.
- If you cut the fruits or vegetables in a thick slice, it takes more time to cook than usual.
- Use grill baskets to avoid chunks of vegetables from sticking to the grates. Remember to insert the bamboo stick.
- Before grilling it, apply oil, butter or ghee to it.
- Season your food with some salt, pepper, chilli flakes.
So, when you grill vegetables, it is mandatory you have butter, ghee and your patience. Because grilling food required the required food items and a lot more patience. When you finish grilling your food, arrange it on a plate. Before you place the grilled food, sprinkle some pepper and decorate your plate using any of your favourites like ketchup, mayonnaise, chilli sauce, green sauce or any other favourite add on. After decorating it, place your grilled food. Sprinkle some coriander, pinch of pepper and chilli flakes.
Some delicious and unusual best grilled food recipes:
- Grilled Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza –Brush olive oil on the dough and place it in the oven. This becomes an irresistible food recipe for asparagus and ricotta.
- Grilled Spams with Spiced Paprika Butter – Place them in a bucket after cleaning them in a bucket of cold water and cornmeal remove the sands. Mix them with the paprika butter after drying it and a high heat grill for 3 minutes. You eat when those shells open! It is mouth watering food grill recipe.
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs – This includes chicken, lemon, onion and asparagus. Add mushrooms and any other veggies if you like them. The lemon adds the perfect citrus flavour to your grill.
- Grilled Lamb Meatballs with Salsa Verde – Though it looks fancy, it takes a lot more time than other grills. Yes, its grilling time is usually 7 -10 minutes! Roll them into balls and insert into skewers and grill them. Taste it with some good ketchup, homemade ones are the best food grill recipes.
- Harissa Marinated Tofu – Cut the tofu into small pieces of square shape or rectangle and marinate it for 5 minutes in the homemade salsa. Then insert it in the skewers and grill it for 5 minutes. The best main dish for tofu would be brown rice.
- Oysters with Roasted Garlic Butter and Romano – Place the oysters and add some garlic butter to them and grill it for 5 minutes until the shell opens. It is one of the most common food grill recipe.
- Grilled Vegetables Quesadillas with Kale Pesto – You need homemade kale pesto in between the layers of vegetables and cheese.
- Grilled Avocado with Tomatoes and Herbs – Avocado does taste better after grilling. Cut the fruit and take off the seed and apply some olive oil to it. Grill it for 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle some herbs and tomatoes to add more flavour.
- Grilled Mini Peppers with Minty Tzatziki – This is a Greek-inspired recipe. Grill your bell peppers and the main ingredient to savour is your minty tzatziki. This is also irresistible food grill recipe.
- Grilled Rice Balls – Make sure you have Japanese short-grain white rice or Sushi rice. Cook your rice and add soy sauce later on with some butter and let it cool for some time. Fill your rice in plastic wrap. Make sure your wrap is set and does not fall in the grill. Place it on the grill and serve it hot with some herbs or garnish it with chives. This is one of the best rice ball food grill recipe.
- Grilled Halloumi with Watermelon and Basil Mint Oil recipe – Grind basil, mint and garlic. Add basil mint oil to tomatoes and cheese. Then grill it until tomatoes turn to burst and cheese to melt. Flavour it with herbs and olive oil.
- Grilled Cabbage – Mix lemon juice and olive oil. Chop your cabbage into parts and garnish it well with the mix. Grill it on the pan for 45 minutes. The bottom may burn but still wait for the best on the top. This is the best grilled cabbage recipe.
Pros and Cons of Grill and Food:
There are many advantages of grill and foods such as,
- Charcoal grills are cheaper and smaller.
- Gas grills are easy to clean and maintain.
- Charcoal grills increase the taste of food.
- Gas grills have a good grip on temperature control.
- Gas grills are easier to use and chef-handy.
- Grilled foods are more nutritious.
- Grilled food contains less fat as compared to normal food.
Along with the advantages, there are also disadvantages to grill and foods like,
- Charcoal grills are hard to clean.
- Gas grills are costlier than charcoal grills.
- Gas grills take more space in the kitchen.
- In charcoal grills, there are higher risks of the fire accident.
- Gas grills do not enhance the taste of food as compared to charcoal grills.
- Grilled food increases the risk of cancer.
- Charcoal grills release smoke that is harmful to the eyes. This smoke can also harm your foodstuff and health.
- Grilling foods release various gases which contaminate the atmosphere.
Countries that famously eat grilled foods are:
- Australia – Australians are habitual of eating grilled foods. On Australia Day, people celebrate great celebration and mostly prefer to eat barbeques.
- Brazil – Commonly, the Brazilian population is themed to eat grilled foods and a variety of meat barbeques.
- USA – USA is one of the biggest barbeque markets in the world. Americans popularly eat traditional American style barbeque on many occasions majorly on Labour Day.
- Germany – In Germany, there are safety rules and regulations which restricts outdoor cooking using electricity and gas. But the country and its people generally eat grilled vegetables, bratwurst and other foods.
- South Africa – Barbeques and grilled foods are one of the most loved food by the citizen of South Africa. People here call barbeque “braai”. South Africans usually don’t prefer plain burgers and hot dogs but they have their variations of these dishes.
- China – Beijing is one of the famous states where people love to eat barbeques and other grilled foods. Here, the meat and vegetables are cut in smaller sizes as compared to American style barbeque.
To cook food is not only to eat it but to enjoy it. When cooking becomes fun then definitely the taste. Routine cooking is in the kitchen with some regular foods. When you choose a different style of cooking, first make sure you understand the basis of those. Like if you are going to bake, make sure you know the temperature details for cake, pizza, bun or bread. If you choose Italian style cooking then it is important to have a variety of sauce and exotic flavours. Likewise, grilling needs to be cooked well to enjoy every bite. Apart from another style of cooking, grilling becomes more fun. So, when you grill you must know the timing for how long you are going to grill it, what food are you going to grill and most importantly the sauce, mints or herbs etc.
Indians don’t prefer to grill food as compared to other foreign country and the reason is the culture and the weather. At a hot temperature, no one wants to grill food under the hot sun and eat it. People here choose to eat grilled foods very rarely.
Any food has got some good and bad. Though grilling is enjoyable, it is a little hectic to set up your grill somewhere, arrange and do stuff. But only those who love cooking and eating can devote themselves to grilling. It is always better to keep a fire extinguisher while grilling.
It is always better to try something new in cooking. Children enjoy grilled food as snacks and the colour which turns as shimmering brown and techniques while cooking it is always fun. There is no need to avoid grilled food completely as it involves some negatives. It’s said that it increases breast cancer but it is not that you get breast cancer with the first bite. Anything is better until it doesn’t exceed the limit. So, start setting up a grilling area in your back yard and enjoy the taste it gives out.