The tender little life that came out of you needs all your love, care, and attention. For the first 6 months, there is no substitute for breast milk for your baby. But after their tiny little teeth emerge, you need to feed them some nutritious foods along with breast milk. You have to choose foods that are enriched with carbohydrates (CHO), fibre, vitamin, and protein and also easily digestible. Here are some awesome baby food recipes that can you make at your home easily.
This could make your baby’s first rice experience awesome with its taste.
You need 2tbps rice, 50gms potato, 150ml water, and a pinch of salt and turmeric.
- At first, wash the rice and soak it for half an hour.
- Then take a cooker and add 150ml water, chopped potatoes, add a pinch of salt. You can cook it for 4 whistles till the potatoes and rice turn mushy.
- After that, add some carom seeds and a pinch of turmeric and mash rice and potatoes.
- In the end, add little butter for taste.
Khichdi or Dal Khichdi
It is an Indian dish prepared with rice and lentils. You can try it if your baby’s age is above 8 months.
You need 2tbps of rice, ½-1tbps moong dal, 2tbps vegetables, a pinch of salt, turmeric, pepper powder, and ½ tbsp ghee.
- At first, wash and soak dal and rice together for 30-60 minutes.
- Then add chopped veggies and cook it on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- When pressure cooker turns off, mash the rice to a smooth texture.
- Then add salt, turmeric, and ghee if you want.
- Mix it well, now Khichdi is ready to serve.
Moong Dal Soup
Moong dal Soup is one of the healthiest soups for babies.
For preparing it, you need ¼ cup moong dal, ½ tsp ginger, 1 tbsp ghee, ½ cumin seeds, 1½-2 cups water, ½-¾ cup chopped fresh veggies. A little bit of salt and 2 tbsp of coriander.
- Now take a pot or cooker and add some ghee.
- Then add some ginger and sizzle it for a minute.
- Later on, add washed and soaked dal to it. Fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add chopped veggies and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook it on low flames for a couple of whistles.
- After that mash the dal and add spices and mix them well. Your baby will love this new sort of drink.
Sweet Corn Soup
Sweet corn soup is an Indo-Chinese food which is quite common in India. And this delicious food is loved by babies and toddlers. So you can take it as one of the best baby food recipes. You can try it if your child is above 11months.
For preparing this, you need 1½ cup corn, 1 teaspoon corn starch or cornflour, ¼ cup green peas, ¼ cup finely chopped carrots, 4-6 finely chopped beans, 2-3 fresh spring onions, and 2½-3 cups water. You can also take 1 teaspoon oil or butter, ½ teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon pepper powder, and ¼ teaspoon ginger garlic minced.
- At first, wash all chopped veggies.
- Now sauté Ginger garlic then add washed veggies and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add water for boiling the veggies. Cooking them on a low flame makes the soup tasty.
- When the veggies become soft, pour this on a pot and stir them to make it thicker.
- Add salt and sugar with spring onions and peppers.
- Mix them well and serve them warm on bowls.
Sprouts soup is very healthy, tasty, and protein-based soup. It is suitable for all seasons and if your child is 9 months above, then you should try it. You can serve it as breakfast which is a great start for your day.
For making it, you need ½ sprouts, ½-1 cup veggies (carrots, capsicum, beans, and pumpkin), a little bit of pepper, cumin, and turmeric powder, salt, 1 tbsp. minced ginger-garlic, and some coriander leaves.
- At first boil a couple of cup water in a cooker.
- Then add all chopped veggies and steam them till they turn soft.
- After that cool them and blend them to make a smooth puree.
- Then heat a pot with oil to sauté Ginger garlic a couple of minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water for a rapid boil.
- Add turmeric and salt. After that turn off the oven and add the blended paste.
- Stir them well and at the end add little pepper powder and cumin powder.
- Now serve them hot.
The Bottom Line
Here are the five baby food recipes that can be made at home very easily. And this food not only contains a good amount of nutrients but these are delicious as well.
Few baby food receipes for the age of 6-8 months.