How are online education for kids be replaced in Covid 19 pandemic
HOW ARE ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS BE REPLACED IN COVID- 19 PANDEMIC
Online education for kids means a form of education where it takes place between the two electronic gadgets and using the internet connection.
- It is also known as E-learning and plays a very important role during this pandemic.
There will be an interacting session between the sender and the receiver (teachers and students).
- Due to covid-19 all the schools and colleges offered online education.
WHAT IS ONLINE EDUCATIONS ACTUALLY MEANS
Online education for kids refers to receiving education ( skills, knowledge) from any place at any time by using electronic devices. Example: mobiles and personal computers.
•It is the basic tool for kids in this pandemic, is a basic important step. Because this is the age where kids are very interested in playing rather than studying.
MORE ABOUT ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- It makes an interesting learning way by various visual methods with many examples.
- Online mode is so better than traditional education Since kids love watching in the form of images. Where in traditional methods, teachers aren’t able to show the images of what they are actually teaching.
- Example: If the teacher describes “there are 8 planets”. Here, the students don’t have the capacity or matured knowledge to imagine. So if it is in an online mode of education; the teacher can display their kids with images and with beautiful colors of what they are actually teaching.
SOME OF THE FEATURES OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- The electronic device ( tools):
- 1. Here, Electronic devices play a vital role in online education. It completely depends on electronic appliances. I.e: mobile, personal computers. Without the help of the Internet, inheriting online education is impossible.
Humans Can’t survive without food, in the same way, electronic gadgets. I.e: personal computers and mobiles can’t survive without an internet connection. People could not stop using internet connection, if all the work gets incomplete or stopped and economic problems arise.
In online education, there will be a complete interaction between the teacher and student.
Example: In traditional methods, teachers ask questions to students who are particularly noted in their list; but in online education it is not the same. Here anybody can answer who knows about it.
- No fixed timings:
Here there will be no fixed timings.
Example: In traditional methods, timings start like 9 to 3. But in online education, there will be no such time period. At this point, they can watch whenever and wherever the classes.
SOME OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- Productive and interesting:
Basically, kids love watching in the form of images rather than imagining. Hence teaching the students with relative pictures makes them more understanding and productive.
It is flexible in nature, there will be no noise disturbance occurring. It makes more clear and understandable.
- Charges apply:
Since it is online education charges apply due to data connection and gadgets.
- Dependent and seeking help:
Kids don’t have mature knowledge about the operating process. So they are dependent on their parents or others to guide them.
- Threats while operating:
If there is no proper connection, due to lack of network facilities. Then arises some Threats while operating or opening it.
- All time information server:
All the information will be recorded in online learning. In the case of traditional methods, there will be no recorded information or documentation. They can’t view the classes at any number of times.
POSITIVE POINTS – ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS (PROS)
- Saves time and cost: Due to this new method, it saves time and cost. By reducing traveling time and cost in terms of the fee amount. The traditional cost of education is more expensive.
- Quick understanding:
In online education kids will grab the information fastly, because teachers will be shown all in form of images and visual types. Hence there will be a better understanding of the concept to all the kids.
- Easy in nature:
It is easy in nature. Just downloading the app makes it easier than the travelling method of attending the school, which reduces the time to attend the classes.
- Say yes to no burden:
No burden refers to online classes that can be attended without any disturbances nearby. There will be a reduction in homework and holding a lot of books. This method describes saying yes to no button by online education for kids.
ADVANTAGES – HOW IT HELPS TO KIDS
- Better focused:
More concentration can be acquired in online classes as there is no disturbance caused by besides and each can focus on their subjects.
- Huge applications:
There are many websites and apps namely byju’s, vedantu and so on with best features to understand with best 3D pictures and videos with visual representation.
- Access various skills:
All can get a number of available information of any kind as not only related to syllabus available information can be viewed.
- All time security:
We find very secure apps with privacy, no fraud activities occur. We can seek help anytime as a 24/7 helpline.
NEGATIVE POINTS OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS (CONS):
- Lack of time management:
Lack of time management is the common reason nowadays. because kids take a huge time to complete their given task or homework. They concentrate on their work when they get interested in doing what they actually wanted to do.
• Technical issues:
Bugs and slowdowns on the online education platform are not something that actually helps students be more motivated.
- Kids aren’t able to identify what a teacher actually says when they face network issues.
- Breakage of voice puts trouble to kids in understanding the concept
- The network sucks due to poor connection.
- Issues regarding motivation:
Kids love and expect encouragement or motivation either from parents or teachers on what they actually do.
- It makes them to be more strong and focus on upcoming activities.
- Online education guides could not keep an eye on every child on one screen and control them. Coming to traditional methods, teachers will have a chance to meet every single kit and solve their doubts and problems.
Plagiarism is the inferior thing that makes kids to become lazy / de-motivate their efficiency.
- All the quiz or tests presented by the teachers, students get a chance to misuse and do plagiarism.
DISADVANTAGES- HOW IT CREATS BAD TO KIDS
- Absence of human contact:
In online education that will be no face to face contact with people or no strong bondage with others hence evidence of human contact can be noticed.
- Lack of communication with teachers and classmates can be frustrating to few students.
- Chances of delaying:
If a teacher comes up with too many concepts to teach kids, but the network sucks. Due to this, chances of delaying the topic occurs.
- Poor student support:
In the traditional model of education, there will be so many interactive session can be seen. On the other hand, in online education; kids (children) don’t show much interest and try to escape from it.
- Too much of flexibility:
One of the biggest advantages of online education is too much flexibility. Students can watch their sessions whenever and wherever they want. At the same time when there is too much of it, flexibility can become the biggest disadvantage too.
EFFECTS OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- Mostly causes eye irritation and headache
- It affects the relationship and bonding between students and teachers
- Problems with using more internet facilities
- Effect of the burden on the brain
- Heavily disturbs the environment too.
BEST APPS FOR ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
There are several applications that are good for kids to continue online education namely:
- teach mint
- kindergarten kids
STAGES OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
Teacher ( sender )
Student ( receiver )
Here, firstly teachers connect with the help of via internet and display the topics. Connecting to the network, students who joined a particular session will receive the topics when they have good network connections. By this, the student ( receiver) will come to know what is actually happening this session.
This is the process of how it works in an online mode of education.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ONLINE EDUCATION AND TRADITIONAL METHOD OF EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- Saves time
- Tension free of homework
- No allocation of time
- Lack of bonding with people
- Fast understanding capacity
- Visual examples and videos
- Chances of delaying in activity
- Support by online classes, and applications
- 100% safe during Covid pandemic
- Traveling time period
- Expensive ( fee structure)
- The burden of homework and assignment
- Allocation of time fixed
- Helps to maintain good relationships and bondage
- On spot clearing doubts
- More focused on every single candidate
- Pay attention to all
- No delays – on spot working on an activity
- Support from teachers
- Unsafe during Covid pandemic
WHAT BETTER CHANGES CAN BE MADE IN ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- More multimedia lectures
- Providing more information
- Understandable concepts
- For better knowing, add pictures and videos
- Teaching concepts in play mannered and provide quizzes
- On spot clearing doubts
- Provide a form to fill the session’s feedback.
FINAL CONCLUSION OF ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
- Online education and learning helps to grow rapidly because children will be aware of technologies being used. Education is an important tool for all people. Whether it may be offline or online education no matter. Education plays a prominent role here. In online education some kids misuse this opportunity and watch some others on screen and waste their time, but in offline education (traditional education) no chances of wasting time and they will be under the control of assigned teachers.
- There will be a face to contact teacher and student so that he/ she can clear student doubts at any number of times.
MY OPINION ON ONLINE EDUCATION FOR KIDS
Both having their own advantages and disadvantages. By this online education, many people get employment because they need not to move from place to place to teach the students. Sitting in one place they can teach a number of students at a time.
- Here, the information provider (teacher) should be having the capacity to teach kids in an understandable manner. Finally, I love to say “ Today’s children are Tomorrow’s leaders”.